28 Aug Seared Tuna Salad with Young Coconut, courtesy of chef Andy Allen
Chef Andy Allen (MasterChef winner, Three Blue Ducks co-owner & head chef) shows us how to make a seared tuna salad with young coconut and fish sauce, using MSC certified yellowfin tuna from Walker Seafoods Australia.
300g MSC yellowfin tuna belly
1 green chili
1 red chili
Kaffir lime leaves
Whole young coconut
1 bunch Vietnamese mint
1 bunch coriander
Half a red onion
3 tablespoons fish sauce
Cook time 10min
• De-seed both the chillis, then julienne them.
• Finely shred a handful of Kaffir lime leaves.
• Crack open the coconut, drain the water into a glass or bowl, then scoop out the flesh and finely shred that as well.
• Pick the coriander and mint leaves and toss them together in a bowl, together with finely sliced red onion, the shredded coconut flesh and lime leaves.
• Place the tuna belly onto a white hot barbecue for no more than 5 seconds, just to help break down the sinew.
• Next, the dressing: combine 3 tablespoons fish sauce with 3 tablespoons lime juice, then add 2 tablespoons coconut water to sweeten it up.
• Slice the tuna belly into strips, toss together with the salad and dressing, and serve in bowls. Enjoy!
If you liked this make sure to subscribe to our channel!
Facebook – facebook.com/MSCecolabel
Twitter – @MSCecolabel
Instagram – MSCecolabel